Privacy & Safety commitment to our users:
– We fully respect your children’s privacy and are committed to keeping them and their data safe and secure
– We will never have advertising on our website
– We will never sell any of our users data
– We use industry best practice to keep your data safe
– Our prices are fully transparent and there are no hidden charges or in-app purchases to access content
– We will fully comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The privacy of our users’ information is of the utmost importance to us. The purpose of this policy is to set out the sort of information we collect from users of our website and app, how we collect it, what we use it for and how we keep your information safe and secure. This policy governs all versions of the MathsBolt app and website.
1.1 MathsBolt is committed to providing a safe learning environment to all of its users and to protecting their privacy at all times.
1.4 If you are aged under 18 you should not set up your own account or subscribe to our services. Please ask a teacher, parent or guardian to do this for you.
2. Parental Consent
2.1 As part of the registration process, teachers will get parental/guardian consent to set up any child’s account. This consent can be part of a wider school internet/technology consent policy or through the specific form available on this website.
2.2 Parents are free to register their own children as they wish.
3. 3. Personal Information Collection
3.1 All personal information collected by MathsBolt is provided voluntarily by visitors to our site or app. We collect information from teachers, schools, parents and children who create accounts with us as detailed below.
3.2 For school accounts, we collect the administrator’s name, email address, school name and school address. We will then provide them with a code which they can use to connect individual teachers to their school account.
3.3 For teacher accounts, we collect their name, email address, school name and school address. They will be provided with a code for sharing with parents who wish to link to their account, or they can set up children’s accounts directly once they have parental consent. When setting up children’s accounts, the teacher will be inputting each child’s name, class and username. By setting up a child’s account, the teacher is confirming that they have received the necessary parental consent.
3.4 For parent accounts, we collect their name, email address and country. If their child is using the app with their school, they will be provided with a code by their teacher which will link them to their teacher’s account.
3.5 For children’s accounts, we collect their username, login details and the grade/class level that their teacher/parent has selected for their games.
3.6 You can access the personal information we hold about you by logging in to your account and reviewing your account info, where you can update or edit your details as you wish.
3.7 If your child is a member of a school account, you can contact them directly to update, edit or delete your child’s account.
4. App Usage Information Collection
4.1 For all app users/players, we will collect information on time spent playing the games, games completed, game scores etc. to provide teachers and parents with data on their children’s progress. A teacher or parent will only see data relating to the children connected to their account.
4.2 We will use anonymized and aggregated versions of this data to help us analyze the use of games in the app and to assist further development.
4.3 MathsBolt works with universities and other third-level institutions to assess the effectiveness of the app and to guide future developments. Any such information we share will be anonymous and no individual children will be identified in this work.
5. Non-personal information
5.1 We collect a number of types of non-personal information and data which we use to help us provide a better experience to our users. We do not use this data collection to identify any users.
5.2 The type of data we collect can include the type of device, operating system and specifications of device being used and other data that is required to ensure our website and app run efficiently for users.
5.3 MathsBolt may use the analytics tools of third-party organizations to help us collect this information and to run analytics on this anonymized non-personal data. In no circumstances is the personal information you have given to MathsBolt shared with these services.
7.1 When you set up an account you will be providing us with an email address, which you consent to us using to contact you.
7.2 We will contact you to provide confirmations of account set-up, order completion, password resets, account renewal dates etc.
7.3 We will also contact you to announce any technical/security notices, service upgrades or special offers. There communications will be kept to a minimum and can be unsubscribed from at any time.
7.4 When you use our Contact Us form, you will be providing an email address and related information which you wish us to use to reply to you.
7.5 We will save the content of any messages received through contact with us to assist in managing and running our website and app.
8.1 Your payment details will be processed by a third-party (through Google Play or the App Store) and are not stored on our website at any time.
9. How we use the information we collect
9.1 We only use the information we collect to help us provide and improve our service to users and will not share any of your personal information with third parties.
9.2 For administration purposes, we use your information to allow the set up and management of accounts and users, and to process orders and payments.
9.3 To personalize your service and remember your choices, for example language selection.
9.4 To provide information to teachers and parents on children’s use of and progress on the app.
9.5 To help us develop and improve our app and website and to address any technical issues that may arise.
9.6 To communicate with users and visitors to our site.
9.7 We may use anonymized data from app usage to help with third-level research into the effectiveness of the app in developing users Mathematical skills and understanding.
10.1 MathsBolt uses industry-standard security practices and procedures for the collection, storage and processing of personal information.
10.2 Our website and app use SSL communications to encrypt any data that is transferred to/from us.
10.3 We use firewall protected servers to store all data.
10.4 Account holders should keep their username and password safe to ensure no one else has access to their account and we do not recommend the use of any remember me or save password features, especially on shared devices.
10.5 While we take all of the above measures to keep your data safe, we cannot completely guarantee the security of our databases, or that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us.
11. Data Storage
11.1 All of our data is stored in Europe.
11.2 We will retain your data as for long as you are subscribed to our app or have an account registered with us.
11.3 If you are no longer subscribed to any of our services, and after a period of inactivity we will notify you before deleting your account and any related data.
11.4 We may retain anonymised information for which no user can be identified to help us in further development of our services.
11.5 We will regularly review our security processes to ensure any data we store or transmit is carried out using industry best practice.
12. MathsBolt fully comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation. Residents in the European Union are entitled to certain rights with respect to personal information that we hold about them under the GDPR:
- Right of access. The right to obtain access to your personal information, along with other related information, which is being processed by us.
- Right of portability. In certain circumstances, the right to obtain your personal data from a data controller in a format that makes it easier to reuse your information in another context, and to transmit this data to another data controller of your choosing.
- Right to be informed. It should be clear and transparent to individuals that personal data concerning them are collected, used, consulted or otherwise processed, and to what extent the personal data are, or will be, processed.
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to object to processing. The right to object to the processing of your personal information.
- Right to restriction of processing. The right of restriction of processing of your personal data by a data controller. Where processing of your data is restricted, it can be stored by the data controller, but most other processing actions, such as deletion, will require your permission.
13. Queries and complaints
13.1 If you have any queries or complaints in relation to this policy you can contact MathsBolt through firstname.lastname@example.org.
13.2 If you are not satisfied with how your personal data has been collected or processed , or are dissatisfied with how your rights have been managed under applicable data protection law, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner through their website at https://www.dataprotection.ie or in writing to Data Protection Commission, 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2, D02 RD28, Ireland.
14.1 MathsBolt reserves the right to update this policy and will post a notice on the website of any material or significant changes.
What is a cookie?
What do you use them for?
– We use them to keep you logged in while you are on our website
– To allow our website to identify your preferences, for example language or school/class group
– To make sure our website works properly and delivers content correctly to users
– We do not have any advertising on our website and do not store any cookies related to advertising
Can I disable and/or delete cookies?
– Yes, you are free to disable and/or delete cookies. However, this will affect the functionality of our website and you will not be able to log in to your account
Where can I find out more?
– You can find more information about cookies at https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
– The courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute arising from the MathsBolt website or app.